Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Confession (Bad Blogger)

I'm a bad blogger.

It's not that I don't have ideas-- I even have a virtual sticky note on my computer of new reasons that I love Philly (Pizza! Coming soon...).

 It's not that I don't LOVE Philly-- I recently started traveling for work (planes, trains, automobiles) and riding the El home from Amtrak, or driving north towards the skyline from the airport after eating at chain restaurants and driving from A to B, reminds me of my pure love for this city.

It's not that I don't like to write to an audience-- I will wish upon myself to be born again as a food and travel writer who makes a lot of money... or Anthony Bourdain's sidekick.

It's that I haven't really understood this blog's purpose yet.  I love Philadelphia, I love food, I love urban gardening, I love BJH-- yes! But how does this transfer into the blog-o-sphere?  Julie of cantquitkidlit says I should blog about cooking and eating (because she knows me), but I'm no Julie Powell, or Julia Child for that matter.  But put that on my list as the next blog I attempt.  Do I review restaurants when Yelp does a great job already?  Do I write about my day-to-day life (feed cats, travel for work, present, come home, cook and enjoy time with BJH)? Nah.

But this post is about me getting re-inspired-- not being daunted by the fear of writing something interesting, but focusing more on taking photos that get me out in the city and appreciating it, and finding new ways to attract readers.  I've shied away from linking to Facebook, but am gaining courage!

 So here's to you, blog-o-sphere, for not letting me let this die!  I love Philadelphia because of you. 

1 comment: