Thursday, June 23, 2011

Reason #5 (Easier Travel on 2 Wheels)




My trusty point-and-shoot is spending some quality time in the Canon repair shop, but, while I'd love for that to be an excuse not to blog, I can no longer ignore this blog that I think I've been ignoring (Does that sentence make sense?). I guess my love for Philadelphia got lost in the field trips, report cards, jury duty, classroom packing, and general end-of-school-year craziness.

But, on this official first day of teacher summer vacation, here we are, looking out of my apartment window and this newly painted bike lane! With Center City Philadelphia's new bike lane on 13th Street, combined with the east and west bound Spruce and Pine Streets bike lanes, I can now get from my apartment to Kelly Drive's bike/walking trail with only 3 blocks of non-bike lane trekking.

So, thanks to the Bicycle Coalition, Bike Philly, and the Streets Department, I'm sure, I love Philly because of bike-friendly streets!

No comments:

Post a Comment